RX-121-1 "TR-1 Hazel Custom"




RX-121-1 "TR-1 Hazel Custom"   Titans Prototype Mobile Suit
It appears that the Titans leader named his Gundam after the names of Rabbits in Watership Down.

This is the first Gundam that I've built and painted. I bought it from Yodabashi Camera in Shinjuku Tokyo as I just loved the design, it had a nice chunky feel and cool yellow thrusters.

It was relatively inexpensive, 1150 yen base price with a further credit card discount and tax refund.

When I was very young I probably built one or two but didn't paint them. It was a good learning experience. I had to mix blue and grey to get the shade of dark grey-blue I wanted. 

I preshaded with a very dark blue+black but it turns out that after you overspray with white/white-grey, the fact that the pre-shade includes a blue actually is pretty evident as can be seen by the bluish tint. 






Paint notes
I used Vallejo Model Colour White-Grey as recommended by some websites but found that it is not very opaque and you have to use many many layers to achieve coverage. Even Vallejo Model Air white is more opaque than this, so in later builds I have used a mix of white-grey and Model Air White.

Blue: Vallejo Model Colour Intermediate Blue + Medium Blue




Comments

Popular Posts